Sri Aurobindo's and the Mother's was a universal philosophy. When India won her Independance, he spoke of a five-fold dream:
- ... for a revolutionary movement which would create a free and united India.
- ... for the resurgence and liberation of the peoples of Asia and her return to her great role in the progress of human civilization.
- ... for a world-union forming the outer basis of a fairer, brighter and nobler life for all mankind.
- ... for the spiritual gift of India to the world [to become an established fact]
- ... for a step in evolution which would raise man to a higher and larger consciousness.
On consciousness, it is quoted here that "It is, indeed, a remarkable circumstance that when Western civilization discovers Relativity it applies it to the manufacture of atom-bombs, whereas this Oriental civilization applies it to the development of new states of consciousness."
As consciousness evolves, so do we. And when our collective consciousness does, all of Human Society does. It is thus IMPERATIVE, to take all the pages out of Sri Aurobindo's "The Human Cycle" and apply them to IMPROVING THE HUMAN CONDITION!